Wednesday 11 September 2013

THE APPLE TREE

Seeing as I seem to have developed a "mini-theme" this week about my holiday-time favorite eateries, just thought that I'd take a few moments of both  my time and yours to mention "The Apple Tree", a little cafe attached to the Pentraeth Nurseries Garden Centre as you take the A5025 from Menai north through Pentraeth towards Amlwch.

Part gift shop and part cafe, sitting inside a tent-like structure, it might not, at first, perhaps look like the most promising of tea shops, but it's run by a very friendly family and, to be perfectly honest with you,  really does do the very finest of cream teas featuring some of the very best scones known to humanity.

Okay... I'll admit that I haven't (yet) tasted all of the scones known to humanity, but these were good enough to bring us back significantly out of our way to have another dose of them.

I did, however find myself worrying a little about "The Apple Tree..." although, as with most things that I worry about, it's probably with no good reason.

It's just that it always seemed so empty whenever we arrived that it really does make you begin to wonder whether it will still be there the next time we are lucky enough to pass by, especially when it's one of those little havens which we really enjoy exploring. It's not as if we even give it the most regular of custom ourselves. After all, it's perhaps only once or twice during the one week of the year that we're in the area and we probably do pretty much forget all about for much of the rest of the year.

Actually, that's not true.

I find that I've been thinking about those scones a heck of a lot, but unfortunately I'm unlikely to be "just passing" all that regularly...

Sometimes it's just nice to know that it's there and hope that it's still there and waiting for our return next time, and hope that, if I put in a good word or twelve, enough other people will seek it out and find it appealing enough so that, the next time we go, it's still there for us to enjoy.

I know... I'm displaying a totally selfish agenda here, aren't I...?

Still, I think I know you all well enough that I know that you're all going to help me out here if you can, aren't you...?

So, remember...

"The Apple Tree" is a cafe, or perhaps a tea room, connected to a garden centre in the town of Pentraeth which you have to pass on your way to the north of Anglesey.

Try it out if you can.

Especially those scones...

Your taste buds will love you forever if you do...

And I, of course, will be eternally grateful to you to...

1 comment: